A27 Segensworth to Titchfield improvement scheme
Planned improvements to the A27 Segensworth Roundabout and the junction with Mill Lane at Titchfield
Last update: September 2019
- Scheme overview
As part of improving access to Fareham and Gosport, improvements are being made to A27 Southampton Road between the A27 Segensworth Roundabout and the junction with Mill Lane at Titchfield.
This £10 million major improvement scheme is designed to improve journey times, reduce congestion, increase road safety and provide better access to local homes and businesses. These improvements form the next phase of investment by Hampshire County Council to improve access to Fareham and Gosport.
Hampshire County Council appointed Mildren Construction as the main contractor. Works started on 24 October 2016. The scheme completed in Spring 2018.
The works will:
- upgrade the existing single carriageway sections of this route to provide two lanes in each direction
- provide a third lane to the nearside of the A27 Southampton Road approach to the Segensworth Roundabout
- retain the existing 40mph speed limit along the A27 Southampton Road
- retain the existing right turn lane into Hambrooks Garden Centre and ban U-turns at this location
- retain and modify the existing signal controlled crossing at Titchfield Park Road
- provide an off road pedestrian and cycle facility along the north side of the A27 Southampton Road between the existing signal controlled crossing at Titchfield Park Road and Mill Lane
- modify the junction with Southampton Hill to enable u-turns (from west to west), and ban the right turn from Southampton Hill towards Fareham. Also to improve the uncontrolled pedestrian crossing facilities here
- relocate the existing eastbound bus stop and lay-by from opposite Titchfield Primary School to be outside Titchfield Mill, just east of Mill Lane
- Results of public consultation
Four public exhibitions were held at local venues in June 2015 providing an opportunity for local review and amendment of the design proposals. Please view the consultation document with plans and visuals.
- Funding arrangements
The current budget for the works is £10.265 million. Following a successful bid for Local Growth Funding and final approval of the business case, the Solent Local Enterprise Partnership has allocated £7.325 million of funding towards these works. Local Transport Plan contribution of £2.87 million and an additional £70k from local contributions.
- Contact us
- Name Strategic Transport
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 0300 555 1388 (0300 555 1390: Minicom)
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council