Andover: Town Mill and Bridge Street accessibility and environmental improvements
Last update: November 2017
- Scheme overview
Hampshire County Council and Test Valley Borough Council will look to improve accessibility for pedestrians to the River Anton and the local park at Town Mill.
The project will enhance the existing pedestrian corridor, provide greater access and connectivity to key locations in the town. The route will run from Andover train station to the town centre, through to Town Mill via Bridge Street/Town Mill Road/Chantry Shopping Centre.
The scheme is aimed at making improvements to pedestrian access along Town Mill and the park to encourage more people to travel sustainably into the town centre. The proposed public realm improvements will enhance the environment and help support the local economy.
- widening the existing footway in Town Mill along the River Anton
- footpath widening in the park
- environmental improvements along Town Mill and the river (soft landscaping)
- new street furniture
- improved pedestrian access (provide additional pedestrian crossing points along the corridor)
- Public consultation
The consultation is now closed and a summary of the feedback can be seen by clicking the link below. The comments received during the consultation period will now be analysed further and used to influence the final scheme.
- Download plan
- Town Mills Bridge Street accessibility and environment improvements
- Contact us
- Name Strategic Transport
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 0300 555 1388 (0300 555 1390: Minicom)
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council