Andover: Town Mill and Bridge Street accessibility and environmental improvements
Last update: March 2021
- Scheme overview
Hampshire County Council, working in partnership with Test Valley Borough Council, has appointed Skanska who will be undertaking the last phase of works of the Town Mill improvement works, which commenced on 12 October 2020 and is now completed..
The project will enhance the existing pedestrian corridor, provide greater access and connectivity to key locations in the town. The route will run from Andover train station to the town centre, through to Town Mill via Bridge Street/Town Mill Road/Chantry Shopping Centre.
Improvements to pedestrian access along Town Mill and the park to encourage more people to travel sustainably into the town centre. The proposed public realm improvements will enhance the environment and help support the local economy.
The overall scheme will consist of:
- The construction of a new access to the Town Mills car park from the A3057 Western Avenue, which will allow the current access off Bridge Street to be physically closed to traffic and enhanced to allow access for pedestrians and cyclists;
- The existing footpath through the Pocket Park will be widened and a new path will be constructed through the park from the A3057;
- New benches, will be provided throughout the area to create more seating for people visiting the park;
- The use of York stone paving and other high-quality materials will enhance the area adjacent to the River Anton and and the footpath adjacent to the river will be widened.
Please view the location plan here.
- Public consultation
The consultation is now closed and a summary of the feedback can be seen by clicking the link below. The comments received during the consultation period will now be analysed further and used to influence the final scheme.
- Download plan
- Town Mills Bridge Street accessibility and environment improvements
- Contact us
- Name Strategic Transport
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 0300 555 1388 (0300 555 1390: Minicom)
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council