Barncroft Way and New Road, pedestrian and cycle improvements
Last update: January 2019
- Latest Update
- Works completed.
- Scheme overview
Hampshire County Council have appointed Rocon Contractors Ltd to carry out these works. The Bedhampton to Havant pedestrian and cycle improvements will help enhance connectivity within the local, and wider, cycle network for Havant and Bedhampton. The new route will join an existing shared use path on Park Road North/South and connect via NCN22 and the town centre with the Hermitage Stream Cycle path leading northwards towards the residential area of Leigh Park and southwards to Langstone technology park. This link will further enhance connectivity, by active travel modes, between the local schools and the joined Havant South downs colleges. Please view the plan.
Park Road North to Havant College Entrance, shared use path:
- Footway to be widened (into existing verge) on the south side of New Road from Park Road North to the pelican crossing.
- Upgrade current pelican crossing to a toucan.
- Footway to be widened (into carriageway) on north side of New Road from new toucan crossing to Barncroft Way.
- Footway in Barncroft Way (eastern side) to be widened (into verge) to Havant College main car park entrance.
Havant College entrance to Hermitage Stream, shared use path:
- Widen footway on eastern side of Barncroft Way between main college car park entrance and northern college entrance.
- Continue to widen footway (into verge) from northern college entrance to the Hermitage Stream cycle way link, lift verges to reduce footway gradient.
- Download plan
- Barncroft Way location plan
- Contact us
- Name Strategic Transport
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 0300 555 1388 (0300 555 1390: Minicom)
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council