Bramshaw Village traffic calming
A proposal to identify suitable traffic calming options.
Last update: September 2019
- Latest updates
- Works completed.
- Scheme overview
Works started early October 2018 to improve sections of the B3078 and B3079 in Brook and Bramshaw. The road marking, construction of the pinch points and the erection of the signs were all completed by the end of October 2018.
The improvement scheme has been designed to create a safer environment for all road users including pedestrians, cyclists and horse riders, discourage through-traffic and help to reduce the animal casualty rate in the villages.
The scheme consists of the following four elements:
- Removal of the centre lines in most locations;
- Installation of continuous edge of carriageway markings to virtually narrow the road to 4.8m;
- Construction of four pinch points on the straight sections of the B3079 (they have been designed to slow down traffic on the approaches but will still allow two vehicles to pass each other carefully); and
- The installation of village gateways signs.
Please view the technical plans:
A proposal for traffic calming measures to improve the safety of pedestrians and cyclist. Please view Traffic Calming options report.
- Public consultation closed
Local residents and businesses were invited to meet Hampshire County Council and Bramshaw Parish council to ask questions and view further details of the traffic calming presentation
The consultation period ran from Tuesday 22 August 2017 to Tuesday 3 October 2017. The results are presented in this consultation report
- Contact us
- Name Strategic Transport
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 0300 555 1388 (0300 555 1390: Minicom)
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council