Budds Lane Improvement
Budds Lane improvements are the first part of the Whitehill and Bordon integration project and will make up part of the Green Grid, allowing residents to get around by foot or by bike and making the town accessible to all.
Last update: April 2022
- Latest updates
As part of the enhancements to Budds Lane which aim to encourage walking and cycling in the town, a parallel crossing has been constructed, an information leaflet on how to use this parallel crossing also referred to as a 'tiger crossing' can be viewed here.
- Scheme overview
Hampshire County Council has appointed Mildren Construction Ltd. Work commenced on 29 April 2019 along Budds Lane and at its junction with Camp Road (C114), to encourage walking and cycling to the relocated Mill Chase Academy, and Bordon Infant and Junior schools, as part of the Green Grid and Green Loop and the wider Whitehill & Bordon Integration Project. This will also provide connections to the new developments proposed on the southern side of the road on Prince Philip Park.
Phase 1 of the Budds Lane scheme was approved by the Executive Member for Transport 15 January 2019 decision report, and will focus mainly along the northern side of the road. The second phase of works will be designed and delivered by Whitehill & Bordon Regeneration Company (WBRC) as part of a Section 278 process linked to the Town Centre construction.
The first phase of works will include:
- Widening of the northern footway along the full length of Budds Lane to provide 3m* width for shared use between pedestrians and bicycles.
- Narrowing of the road to encourage slower traffic speeds.
- Introducing two zebra crossings and keeping the narrowing outside Bordon Infant School.
- Construction of a mini-roundabout at the junction with the Whitehill & Bordon Enterprise Park.
- Construction of a mini-roundabout at the junction of Budds Lane and Camp Road and the installation of a tiger crossing (zebra crossing with a cycle lane).
- Associated lining and signing.
- An application to lower the speed limit on the western section of Budds Lane and along Station Road from 40mph to 30mph.
- The introduction of new street lighting along the full length of Budds Lane.
*(some sections are narrower than 3m due to land constraints).
- Programme of Works
- Late March - contract awarded.
- Late April - start of works onsite.
- May to September - works carried out under traffic management.
A safe walking route for Bordon Infant and Junior Schools, as well as local businesses, organisations, and residents will be maintained at all times during construction.
- View the plans
- Contact us
- Name Strategic Transport
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 0300 555 1388 (0300 555 1390: Minicom)
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council