Shakespeare Road pedestrian improvements in Basingstoke
Last update: August 2019
- Latest updates
- Works completed.
- Scheme overview
Hampshire County Council appointed Rocon Contractors Ltd for the pedestrian improvement works started on 18 March 2019.
The scheme consists of six main elements:
- Construction of new sections of footway and widening of the existing footway on the south side of Popley Road and the east side of Shakespeare Road.
- Construction of three pinch points along Shakespeare Road.
- Upgrade or new construction of eight uncontrolled pedestrian crossing points on Shakespeare Road and adjacent roads.
- Construction of new footway links to the pedestrian crossings.
- Bus stop improvements at two locations.
- Provision of a parking layby near Chineham Park Court to compensate for the loss of on-street parking and ensure adequate visibility at the new pedestrian crossing.
Please view the location plan
- View the technical plans
- Contact us
- Name Strategic Transport
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 0300 555 1388
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council