Gosport Interchange Improvements
Transforming Cities Fund - bus, taxi, pedestrian and public realm improvements in Gosport.
Last update: July 2021
- Scheme overview
The proposed scheme seeks to:
- Improve the bus interchange facilities at the Gosport Ferry Terminal, served by the Fareham to Gosport Eclipse bus service. The Gosport Ferry Terminal is a key travel hub to Portsmouth Harbour from which people can access onward links to Isle of Wight via catamaran services, to the wider rail network and bus services across the city region.
The proposed scheme consists of the following enhancements:
- Relocation of the existing bus station to the site of the existing taxi rank and Falkland Gardens short stay car park and drop-off/pick-up facility;
- Relocation of the existing taxi rank and drop-off/ pick-up facility to the western part of the existing bus station site;
- Provision of alterations to the existing highway network, including the provision of a bus-only link across the High Street, between North and South Cross Street.
The proposed relocation of the bus station will facilitate the provision of a new Waterfront development by Gosport Borough Council, in line with its adopted Gosport Waterfront and Town Centre Supplementary Planning Document (SPD).
- Have Your Say - closed
The survey is now closed and the information pack is still available to view, along with the pre-recorded welcome and introduction from Councillor Rob Humby, Hampshire County Council Deputy Leader & Executive Member for Economy, Transport and Environment. Thank you for your feedback, the data is currently being analysed. The findings report will be published in the near future.
- Funding arrangements
Hampshire County Council, Portsmouth City Council and the Isle of Wight Council have jointly secured nearly £56 million of funding from the government's Transforming Cities Fund (TCF) to improve the way people travel around Portsmouth, Gosport, Fareham, Waterlooville , Havant and the Isle of Wight.
This funding will support the delivery of the Gosport Interchange along with 22 other schemes across the region which include improvements for walking, cycling and bus travel and provide an important next step for the three authorities towards developing a rapid transit network for the area. For more information please see the funding bids.
Hampshire County Council will be delivering a further seven TCF schemes in Havant, Gosport and Fareham;
- Ladybridge Roundabout, A3 Bus Priority and Cycling Enhancements;
- Park Road South (Southbound) Havant;
- A27 Portchester Bus Improvements;
- A27 Delme Roundabout to Downend Road Junction – Bus, Pedestrian and Cycle Enhancements;
- Havant Town Centre Pedestrian/ Cycling Enhancements;
- Havant College to Rail Station;
- Leigh Park Bus Stop Enhancements.
- Contact us
- Name Strategic Transport
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 0300 555 1388
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council