Leigh Park Bus Stop Improvements
Transforming Cities Fund - to encourage use of local bus services
Last update: May 2022
- Scheme overview
To support and encourage use of local bus services by improving access and convenience for boarding at two locations where access is currently restricted;
- Bramdean Drive Bus Stop (Botley Drive);
- Botley Drive Bus Stop (Purbrook Way).
To reduce delays for buses, enhance safety and improve convenience for bus passengers boarding and alighting the service, buildouts (section of footway extending from the footway to the edge of the carriageway) will be installed at the point of the existing bus stops to allow buses to stop in-line with passengers waiting on the footway and to provide a clearer more convenient route for passengers alighting the service. The buildouts will also reduce delays for services by allowing buses to proceed directly from the stop, rather than waiting to re-enter the main traffic lane.
Further details of this scheme will be available once the preliminary design stage has been complete and will be published here. Scheme construction planned for spring 2022.
- Please view the pre-recorded welcome and introduction from Councillor Rob Humby, Hampshire County Council Deputy Leader and Executive Member for Economy, Transport and Environment. Please see the presentation of the scheme plans.
- Funding arrangements
Hampshire County Council, Portsmouth City Council and the Isle of Wight Council have jointly secured nearly £56 million of funding from the government's Transforming Cities Fund (TCF) to improve the way people travel around Portsmouth, Gosport, Fareham, Waterlooville, Havant and the Isle of Wight.
This funding will support the delivery of the Leigh Park Bus Stop Improvements scheme along with 22 other schemes across the region which include improvements for walking, cycling and bus travel and provide an important next step for the three authorities towards developing a rapid transit network for the area. For more information please see the funding bids.
Hampshire County Council will be delivering a further eight TCF schemes in Havant, Gosport and Fareham;
- Ladybridge Roundabout, A3 Bus Priority and Cycling Enhancements;
- Park Road South (Southbound) Havant;
- A27 Portchester Bus Improvements;
- A27 Delme Roundabout to Downend Road Junction – Bus, Pedestrian and Cycle Enhancements;
- Havant Town Centre Pedestrian/ Cycling Enhancements;
- Havant College to Rail Station;
- Gosport Interchange Improvements;
- Bedhampton Road Bus Improvements.
- Travel and Roadworks Advice
- Contact us
- Name Strategic Transport
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 0300 555 1388
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council