Test Lane cycle link improvement
Last update: September 2020
- Scheme overview
Hampshire County Council appointed Colas Ltd, works carried out to upgrade the cycle and footway links between the Nursling Industrial Estates and the Southampton City Council boundary.
This provides a continuous three-metre-wide shared use pedestrian and cycle way from Andes Road, linking Southampton’s network of cycle routes with the Nursling industrial estates. The aim is to improve sustainable travel facilities for local people, employees of local businesses, commuters travelling between Southampton and Romsey, and for leisure cyclists. This is part of Transforming Cities, further information can be found here.
- Vegetation clearance and tree cutting works.
- Widening of the top section embankment to allow for the cycle path construction;
- Ditch clearance and realignment in certain sections of the works.
- Excavation of verge;
- Kerbing and edging works;
- Footpath construction;
- Extension of drainage pipes;
- Installation of cycle way signs;
- Installation of post and rail fence.
- Contact us
- Name Strategic Transport
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 0300 555 1388 (0300 555 1390: Minicom)
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council