Whitehill and Bordon Transportation Green Grid Green Loop
Last update: March 2022
- Green Grid Green Loop
Hampshire County Council is working in partnership with East Hants District Council to implement the Green Grid Green Loop pedestrian and cycle network around the town. Please view the GGGL existing and planned routes here.
These supplement the Integration Projects with an aim to;
- Knit together the existing and new areas of town – creating easier access for non-motorised users that better integrates new developments with established settlements and creating a more cohesive townscape;
- Support better health by enabling active travel (more walking and cycling);
- Enable sustainable growth by promoting sustainable travel.
Links completed to connect existing pedestrian and cycle facilities in the town;
- A325 Relief Road – Dukes Quarter (Junction 2) to Oakhanger Road (Junction 3);
- Ennerdale Road (4 Phases) – Station Road (proposed new development near skate park) to C114 Camp Road / Quebec Park;
- C114 High Street – Ennerdale Road to Woolmer Way – conversion of pedestrian footway to shared use path for pedestrians and cyclists;
- C114 High Street / Woolmer Way (Tesco) Junction – conversion of pedestrian only signal crossings to Toucan (pedestrian/cyclist) crossings to improve connectivity for cyclists;
- C114 High Street / Conde Way Roundabout – improved crossing facilities for pedestrians and cyclists;
Further links to connect existing pedestrian and cycle facilities in the town, planned over the next few years as and when funding is made available include;
- Station Road / Oakhanger Road – Hogmoor Road to Station Road Crossroads to include traffic measures to effectively manage traffic. This section is to be carried in two phases;
- The first phase, a shared use path from Monarch Green to Hogmoor Road via Station Road/Oakhanger Road and including a section in Budds Lane, is planned for construction in early summer 2022.
- The second phase, from Monarch Green to Station Road crossroads, including links on the C114 currently in preliminary design for delivery in 2023.
- Petersfield Road Parallel Crossing - crossing for pedestrians and cyclists to link New Road with the new Village Hall path, is planned for construction early summer 2022;
- Hogmoor Road Footway – section of footway to connect the new Heatherfields development with the path to the south of Oakwood Court, planned to start March 2022;
- Hogmoor Road – southern housing area to Oakhanger Road to include traffic measures to effectively manage traffic with a view to reducing the 40 mph speed limit to 30mph. Currently in feasibility stage.
Off-highway footpath and cycle paths are also be constructed in collaboration with HCC’s Countryside Services Team;
- Alexandra Park - shared use cycle/footpath – from Camp Road into the centre of the park. Works are substantially complete with a small section of path still to do;
- Whitehill Village Hall - shared use path;
- Woolmer Way Junction - upgrade of existing junction to improve movement for cyclists. Works started in March 2021 with a planned Summer 2021 completion;
- South East Loop; Mill Chase Road to Forest Road - footpath of bound gravel construction with replacement bridges and boardwalks.
Further off-highway footpath and cycle paths to be constructed in collaboration with HCC’s Countryside Services Team;
- Village Hall to A325 Relief Road (via Village Hall) – shared use foot/cycle path with a mix of asphalt and bound gravel construction, planned for construction late spring 2022;
- South East Loop; Bordon Inclosure to Mill Chase Road - shared use foot/cycle path of bound gravel construction with replacement boardwalk; currently on site;
- Route to Lindford – Quebec Park to Lindford – shared use foot/cycle path of bound gravel construction with replacement bridges and boardwalks.
- Wider Strategy
The Whitehill & Bordon Relief Road is part of a wider transport delivery strategy developed to support the Whitehill Bordon project.
Further information can be found here.
- Travel and Roadworks Advice
- Contact us
- Name Strategic Transport
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 0300 555 1388
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council