Workplace Cycling Parking Grant and E-Bike Loan
Last update: December 2023
- Latest Update
Following two successful rounds of applications the Active Travel Fund funded Workplace Cycle Parking Grant and E-Bike Loan scheme has provided 12 E-Bike loans and awarded a total of £105,203 to fund 17 Cycle parking proposals across Hampshire.
Approval to transfer ownership of the E-Bike loans previously loaned to recipients following positive scheme monitoring and to enter into suitable contractual arrangements was given by the Director of Universal Services, in consultation with the Executive Lead Member for Universal Services and Assistant Director for Legal Services and Monitoring Officer at the Decision Day 23 May 2023.
This scheme is now closed to applicants but you can still read about the application process and associated documents.
Background to the New Grant Scheme
Hampshire County Council has approved a new grant scheme to encourage organisations and businesses across the county to promote cycling as an alternative and environmentally friendly way to get to work.
£150,000 has been allocated for the Workplace Cycle Parking grant scheme which has come from the Department for Transport’s £3.28 million Active Travel Fund. From January 2022, organisations and businesses will be able to apply for either a Workplace Cycle Parking Grant, between £5,000 and £15,000 (subject to criteria). or an E-Bike Loan for one year.
Potential key benefits to organisations and staff include:
- Social, environmental and well-being objectives;
- Promotion of low carbon travel options;
- Improved health and fitness – both physically and mentally;
- Reduced car parking pressures and personal costs of travel;
- Less air and noise pollution;
- Accessible, affordable travel.
How much can organisations apply for?
- Organisations with 10 – 100 employees can apply for a grant of up to £15,000.
- Organisations with 101-250 employees can apply for a grant of up to £10,000.
- Organisations with 250+ employees can apply for a grant of up to £5,000.
- Criteria for application (closed)
To be eligible for the Workplace Cycle Parking Grant or E-Bike Loan your organisation had to:
- Be located within the county boundaries of Hampshire (not within the cities of Southampton or Portsmouth);
- Employ between 10 and 5000 employees;
- If applying for an E-Bike loan, have suitable insurance for the bikes;
- If applying for an E-Bike loan, provide appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for those using the bikes, such as lights and helmets;
- Intend to commit or already commit to travel planning measures, such as a Cycle to Work scheme. This is not applicable for applications for an E-Bike loan. More information on Cycle to Work schemes can be found in the Workplace Cycle Parking Grant and E-Bike Loan Criteria Document;
- If applying for the Workplace Cycle Parking Grant, organisations must own the land on which they wish to use the grant to create cycle parking or have permission from the landowner – grants will not be awarded for installing cycle parking on the public highway.
We welcome applications from:
- Individual organisations Groups of two or more organisations, such as business, industrial and retail parks;
- NHS and other health care providers;
- Schools, colleges and other educational providers;
- Charities and community interest companies;
- Voluntary, community and social enterprises;
- Limited companies.
We cannot accept applications from:
- Those looking to be awarded the grant to fulfil planning obligations;
- Organisations outside of the Hampshire County Council local authority area boundary.
For more information on criteria and all other details of the application process, please refer to the Workplace Cycle Parking Grant and E-Bike Loan Criteria Document.
- The Application Process (closed)
The following application process was required when applying for either the Workplace Cycle Parking Grant or E-Bike Loan:
- First you will need to read through the Workplace Cycle Parking Grant and E-Bike Loan Criteria Document.
- You will need to complete the application form fully and provide all the supporting evidence as detailed in the Workplace Cycle Parking Grant and E-Bike Loan criteria document.
Outcome of applications
- Once you have applied for either the Workplace Cycle Parking Grant and E-Bike Loan we will be in touch a month after the closing date, to allow assessment of the applications and will then let organisations know if they have been successful or not.
Applications now closed.
- Supporting Application Documents
- Contact us
- Name Highways, Engineering and Transport
- Email [email protected]
Hampshire County Council