Business, commercial and trade waste

How to dispose of commercial and trade waste in Hampshire

Your responsibility

Traders and householders have a ‘duty of care’ to arrange and pay for proper disposal of non household/restricted waste under the regulations of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.

Your responsibility as an individual

Your responsibility as a business

Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs)

Tradespersons from small or medium sized organisations may use the Hampshire HWRC Trade Waste service, which is a chargeable service. Businesses or traders carrying waste arising from their work must hold a valid Waste Carrier’s Licence from the Environment Agency. You can apply for the licence here on the Register or renew as a waste carrier, broker or dealer website.

District and local council collections

Some district authorities do offer a chargeable business waste collection, please contact them directly to find out about any services they offer.

Reuse and repair

If you have an item that could be reused or repaired (including Furniture, bric-a-brac, clothes and electricals) see our directory of suitable sites

Private waste and recycling companies

Search online or in the phone directory for local companies who may be able to collect or accept items for disposal or recycling. The Buy With Confidence website contains details of Trading Standards approved businesses in your local area. Please ensure you check that any company you choose to use is suitably licenced to accept and handle the waste.