Charges at household waste recycling centres
- Charges for soil, rubble, plasterboard and asbestos
Charges for soil, rubble, plasterboard and asbestos have been in place since 1 October 2016 as follows:
- soil and rubble: £2.50 per part or whole standard rubble bag, and £2.50 per individual item (for example, sanitary units such as wash basin, pedestal, toilet bowl, and cistern)
- plasterboard: £6 per standard rubble bag or part bag, or £10 per sheet or part sheet, maximum size 3000 x 1200mm
- cement-bonded asbestos: £12 per sheet or part sheet, maximum size 1200 x 600mm
Standard rubble bags are up to a maximum size of 535 x 820mm (when laid flat), filled so that the waste is contained and can be safely lifted.
Cash and card payment options are available at all HWRCs.
Soil and rubble is accepted at all HWRCs except New Alresford. Plasterboard is accepted at every HWRC.
Soil and rubble includes construction and demolition materials such as stone, rubble, clay, concrete, bricks, blocks, sand, tiles, paving slabs, and ceramic bathroom suites. There will be no charge for crockery or clay/terracotta flower pots.
Cement-bonded asbestos will continue to be accepted at Andover, Basingstoke, Efford, Netley and Portsmouth HWRCs. Other types of asbestos are not accepted.
- Trade waste service at most HWRCs
A trade waste service for small businesses has been in place since 1 October 2016.
The majority of HWRC sites now offer the service, with the exception of Efford.