Serves: 2 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- 4 to 6 leftover roast potatoes
- 100g leftover Sunday lunch vegetables (carrots, swede, broccoli, cabbage etc.)
- 75g leftover roast meat, shredded
- 1/2 tsp horseradish (or mustard)
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil (for frying)
- Serve with fried egg
- Chop the roast potatoes and vegetables and mash slightly with a spoon/fork. Combine in a bowl.
- Toss in the leftover meat, with some horseradish (or mustard) and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the mixture into 2, creating easy cake-like shapes. Pop in the fridge for around 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cakes on both sides with a bit of flour, and fry for 5 minutes over a medium heat until golden and slightly crisp. Flip it and cook on the other side.
- Serve with an egg, however you like it, and a dash of brown sauce or gravy.
Share this recipe and encourage others to make it
Reference: Love Potatoes' Leftover Sunday lunch hash