Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking: 5 to 10 minutes
- Cheese (all varieties)
- 2 shallots or 2 onions
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves
- 1 to 1.25 pints milk
- 25g butter
- 25g flour
- 1 tsp English mustard
- Peel and roughly chop the shallots.
- Put the milk in a pan on a medium heat and add the chopped shallots, bay leaves and cloves.
- Melt the butter in a second pan on a medium heat.
- Add the flour into the butter and stir.
- When the flour is fully mixed with the butter add a small amount of the milk and mix thoroughly.
- Continue to add the milk in small quantities stirring continuously until you reach a sauce consistency.
- Add grated cheese and season to taste.