Workplace Cycling Parking Grant and E-Bike Loan
Last update: August 2021
Hampshire County Council has approved a new grant scheme to encourage organisations and businesses across the county to promote cycling as an alternative and environmentally friendly way to get to work.
£150,000 has been allocated for the Workplace Cycle Parking grant scheme which has come from the Department for Transport’s £3.28 million Active Travel Fund. From July 2021, organisations and businesses will be able to apply for either a Workplace Cycle Parking Grant, between £5,000 and £15,000 (subject to criteria). or an E-Bike Loan for one year.
Potential key benefits to organisations and staff include:
- Social, environmental and well-being objectives;
- Promotion of low carbon travel options;
- Improved health and fitness – both physically and mentally;
- Reduced car parking pressures and personal costs of travel;
- Less air and noise pollution;
- Accessible, affordable travel.
How much can organisations apply for?
- Organisations with 10 – 100 employees can apply for a grant of up to £15,000.
- Organisations with 101-250 employees can apply for a grant of up to £10,000.
- Organisations with 250+ employees can apply for a grant of up to £5,000.
The deadline for receipt of applications to the scheme is 13 August 2021.
- Criteria for application
To be eligible for the Workplace Cycle Parking Grant or E-Bike Loan your organisation must:
- Be located within the county boundaries of Hampshire (not within the cities of Southampton or Portsmouth);
- Employ between 10 and 5000 employees;
- If applying for an E-Bike loan, have suitable insurance for the bikes;
- If applying for an E-Bike loan, provide appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for those using the bikes, such as lights and helmets;
- Intend to commit or already commit to travel planning measures, such as a Cycle to Work scheme. This is not applicable for applications for an E-Bike loan. More information on Cycle to Work schemes can be found in the Workplace Cycle Parking Grant and E-Bike Loan Criteria Document;
- If applying for the Workplace Cycle Parking Grant, organisations must own the land on which they wish to use the grant to create cycle parking or have permission from the landowner – grants will not be awarded for installing cycle parking on the public highway.
We welcome applications from:
- Individual organisations Groups of two or more organisations, such as business, industrial and retail parks;
- NHS and other health care providers;
- Schools, colleges and other educational providers;
- Charities and community interest companies;
- Voluntary, community and social enterprises;
- Limited companies.
We cannot accept applications from:
- Those looking to be awarded the grant to fulfil planning obligations;
- Organisations outside of the Hampshire County Council local authority area boundary.
For more information on criteria and all other details of the application process, please refer to the Workplace Cycle Parking Grant and E-Bike Loan Criteria Document.
- How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for either the Workplace Cycle Parking Grant or E-Bike Loan the following steps will help you begin your application process:
- First you will need to read through the Workplace Cycle Parking Grant and E-Bike Loan Criteria Document.
- You will need to complete the application form fully and provide all the supporting evidence as detailed in the Workplace Cycle Parking Grant and E-Bike Loan criteria document.
Outcome of applications
- Once you have applied for either the Workplace Cycle Parking Grant and E-Bike Loan we will be in touch a month after the closing date, to allow assessment of the applications and will then let organisations know if they have been successful or not.
The deadline for receipt of applications to the scheme is now closed as of 13 August 2021.
- Supporting Application Documents
- Contact us
- Name Strategic Transport
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council