Client Affairs Service

Privacy Notice

When an individual lacks capacity to manage their own finances and have no other person/relative suitable or willing/able to do this for them, the Court of Protection may appoint Hampshire County Council as a local authority deputy of last resort for that individual. Hampshire County Council’s Client Affairs Service collects information on the individual in order to provide them with a financial management service.

We will use the personal information in order to manage the individual’s financial affairs. The legal basis for our use of this information is GDPR Article 6 e - in the exercise of official authority under the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Article 9 h provision of health or social care.

We may share the personal information with:

  • The Office of the Public Guardian
  • Financial Institutions and services
  • Local Councils to access benefits
  • The Department for Work and Pensions
  • Care providers and services the individual needs to access
  • Legal services for advice

We may share the information with third party processors in order to provide a service to you, including CASPAR Cloud.

We will keep the personal information for seven years after Hampshire County Council’s involvement with the person ceases.

We are data processors for data relating to individuals where Southampton City Council, West Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group and Island of Guernsey have requested Hampshire County County Client Affairs Service to be appointed local authority deputies.

If you have any queries or concerns about the Client Affairs Service, please contact [email protected] or ring on 01962 832135.

The above information is the specific privacy notice for this service. For more information about your rights in relation to your personal data, see the County Council’s general privacy notice.

You have some legal rights in respect of the personal information we collect from you. See our Data Protection page for further details.

You can contact the County Council’s Data Protection Officer by email [email protected].

If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office.