Report a breach of planning controls

Privacy Notice

Hampshire County Council may collect information about you for in order to investigate breaches of planning control related to Regulation 3, minerals or waste developments (when the information has been provided by you. We will only use your personal information for the purposes of investigating complaints on authorised or unauthorised Regulation 3, minerals or waste developments as well as provide for continuous service improvement.

The legal basis for our use of this information is because it is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation to which the County Council is subject. This is in relation to planning enforcement as set out in the Town and County Planning Act 1990 (as amended).

Anonymous reports will not be investigated unless they relate to a matter of public safety or serious environmental damage or harm to amenity.

All complaints are confidential and personal information will not be published. It will only be held in the County Council’s planning database for the purposes of investigating the complaint.

We will not share your personal information or special category data with any other organisations which relate to any complaints received although we may discuss details of the complaint (not complaint origin) where it relates to another organisations jurisdiction (e.g. the Environment Agency, Environmental Health).

We will remove personal details and any special category data which will be stored relating to a specific case following the completion of investigations.

After investigations have been completed, electronic and paper file copies of complaints will be kept by the County Council for 7 years in line with our file retention policy.

All representation received will be handled and made publicly available in accordance with the UK GDPR and the Local Government Act (1985).

The above information is the specific privacy notice for this service. For more information about your rights in relation to your personal data, see the County Council’s general privacy notice.

You have some legal rights in respect of the personal information we collect from you. See our Data Protection page for further details.

You can contact the County Council’s Data Protection Officer by email [email protected].

If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office.