The Serving Hampshire Balancing the Budget consultation was open from Monday 7 June 2021 to 11:59pm on Sunday 18 July 2021.
The consultation sought feedback on ways the County Council could contribute towards balancing its budget. It asked for views on the following options, as well as any alternatives that people wished to propose:
- introducing and increasing charges for some services;
- lobbying central Government for legislative changes;
- generating additional income;
- using the County Council's reserves;
- reducing and changing services;
- increasing Council Tax;
- changing local government arrangements in Hampshire
There were 1,931 responses to the consultation Response Form, with 96 unstructured responses also received within the consultation period.
The findings report is available below. Consultation feedback will help to inform the approach that the County Council takes to balance its budget up to 2023/24.
*Any changes to specific services will be subject to further, more detailed consultation. Information on live consultations can be accessed via the County Council’s consultation webpage.
If you require this information in another language or format, please contact email@example.com or call 0300 555 1375. Paper copies are also available to view at local libraries.