The Hampshire Education Awards have been established to recognise and celebrate the exceptional contribution of staff, governors and wider colleagues across Hampshire schools (including academies) and colleges.
Finalists are selected by a panel of judges from across Hampshire schools and colleges. Those who are not shortlisted for the final will receive a card thanking them for their contribution. Finalists will be invited to awards Ceremony in Summer/Autumn term, date to be confirmed.
Who can submit an entry
Entries can be submitted by any adults working in the school or college. This includes all staff (including support staff) and governors. We are unable to accept entries from members of the public.
Governors may wish to discuss with the headteacher/principal about a nomination they'd like to make to see if they are better placed to provide the detail needed to support the entry.
Support staff may wish to discuss with other colleagues when nominating a member of staff, but this is not a requirement.
- A person or team may only be entered into one category in any given awards year
- Judges reserve the right to determine that the application is better suited to an alternative category than the category it has been submitted into
- There are 12 award categories. Judges reserve the right to award to more than 12 winners if there are entries worthy of such validation or to not award in specific categories if there are insufficient entries that meet the criteria
- Winners from Hampshire Education Awards are not eligible for being entered into any subsequent awards
- Nominees retiring or known to be leaving the Hampshire education system before August 2020 are not eligible to be entered for an award
To submit an entry, select an awards category and complete the Hampshire Education Awards 2020 Nomination form. Provide no more than 500 words to support your nomination. Ensure you read through the categories and criteria carefully before submitting your entry.
You may enter as many colleagues or teams as you wish. There is no limit on the number of nominations from any school.