Property Services Generalist Graduate Scheme
A fantastic opportunity to join our pioneering and successful public service organisation
To ensure that you get to hear about the new scheme please register on our newjob.org website and add key words including graduate and property as your search words and you will then be notified by email when the vacancy is opened for applications.
The two-year scheme lets you explore different roles in Property Services. You can develop your skill set, with a guaranteed position upon completion of the scheme.
We accept graduates from all subject areas
You do not need to have a property-related degree to join our Generalist Graduate Scheme.
- What we are looking for
We are looking for motivated graduates who:
- can apply themselves to a broad range of challenges
- have a degree (minimum 2:1) in any discipline
- have excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- have an interest in local government and the public sector
- can make a contribution to our organisation
- Your career development
You’ll experience four six-month placements across different work areas. For example:
- property management
- finance, resource planning and data analysis
- property transformation
- programme and project management
- sustainable energy and engineering
- communications and marketing
Our Career Development Programme will help you develop soft skills. These include:
- political awareness
- giving presentations
- chairing meetings
- time management
You’ll be supported every step of the way by an experienced mentor, a buddy and a network of generalist graduate colleagues.
Jess, aged 21
It’s rare to find a programme like this outside London. It offers challenging work while living on the south coast.
- The application process
Dates to be confirmed for 2021 recruitment
- Further information