Documents to bring to interview
When you attend your interview at Hampshire County Council you will be required to provide a number of original documents
You need to:
- prove you have a legal right to work in the UK
- show you hold the relevant qualifications or registration to carry out the role
Certain vacancies are also subject to the receipt of a criminal record check (also known as a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check). If needed, the advertisement and Job Summary and Person Specification will state this.
- Proof that you have a legal right to work in the UK
Hampshire County Council needs to meet its legal obligation under the Immigration, Asylum & Nationality Act 2006. We need checked documents to show you are eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
- Proof of your qualifications and professional registration
When you attend your interview, we need to confirm that you have the qualifications that you have stated on your application form. Essential qualifications will be detailed in the Job Summary and Person Specification.
You must bring the original certificates. This is especially important for:
- nurses (NMC registration and proof of your PIN number)
- social workers (evidence of your HCPC Registration)
- teachers (you will be required to be registered with the General Teaching Council (GTC)
- Criminal record check (DBS check) ID documents to produce
At least one document must confirm:
- your current name
- your current address
- your date of birth
Wherever possible, a document that holds a photograph should be submitted. ID documents printed from the internet such as internet bank statements are not acceptable.
Documents in a previous name can be accepted only where the applicant can provide documentation supporting a recent change.
- Further information
You must bring the original documents and certificates with you on the day of your interview. They will be photocopied and placed on your personal file if you are appointed.
There are number of other documents you can produce. You can contact the recruiting manager or email email@example.com to check whether the documents you have are acceptable. Please quote the position reference number when you contact us.