Completing your Hampshire County Council job application form
Guidance on the information you need to include in your application form
The application process will be tailored to the job role you are applying for. To apply for a job you will need to either create a candidate profile, or log in to an existing candidate profile, on our Careers website.
During the application process you can enter or review the following:
- My documents
This section allows you to upload your CV and cover letters. Subsequent sections may be pre-populated with information from these documents, for example dates for your employment history.
If you upload a CV and see ‘no selection’ entered in any of the fields it is because the system cannot pull through your information. Remember to over-type any of these fields if this is the case.
- Profile information
Review/enter your personal details in this section.
If you have logged into an existing candidate profile, double check your details are correct, and make corrections where necessary.During the recruitment process we will contact you by email. Some spam filters may re-direct our emails to the spam folder within your email account. Please check your account regularly to minimise the risk of missing an email from us.
- Employment history
Enter/review information about your current employer. If this is your first job after school or college, please give details of weekend, evening jobs, or work placements.
Please provide information about all of your previous employers including permanent, temporary or interim roles. To do this, simply add more sections.You must give a full history in chronological order since leaving secondary education, including periods of any post-secondary education / training, part-time and voluntary work.
Include full time employment, with start and end dates.
Provide explanations for periods not in employment or education / training and reason
- Formal education and language skills
Enter/review your educational qualifications such as NVQs, GCSEs, O-Levels, A-Levels, AS Levels, Highers, Degrees. Include all subjects and grades/scores.
Enter/review information about your language skills in this section.
- Job specific information
The questions in this section will depend on the role you’re applying for. Ensure you complete all questions.
Safeguarding children and adults
Hampshire County Council is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
For roles working with children and children’s data, we comply with the “Safer Recruitment” national guidelines. Therefore we will take up references before the interview for these roles.
Employment references for Safer Recruitment roles should not be from a colleague. They should be from your manager, supervisor or someone who is in a position of authority.
If you are not currently working with children or adults but have done so in the past, it is important that you provide a reference from this employer.
Help us to speed up the references process:
- Ensure the email addresses and phone numbers you have provided for your referees are correct
- Let your referees know when you are offered the role
- Tell them that they will shortly be contacted for a reference
- Ask them to complete the reference as soon as possible
- What happens after you submit your application
If your application is not successful
We will contact you via email to let you know.
If you would like feedback on your application please contact the Recruiting Manager in the first instance.
If you are selected to attend an interview or an assessment day
We will notify you via email and you will then need to book your interview slot online via your registered account.
Remember to check your spam folder when accessing your emails.
- Disability Confident Employer
We have self-assessed our organisation around the themes of:
- getting the right people for our business
- keeping and developing our people
We seek to:
- Build a workforce which reflects the diversity of the local community. We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds
- Remove discrimination against any employee, worker or job applicant in their access to employment, training, working conditions, treatment at work, promotion or dismissal
- Ensure our recruitment processes are inclusive and accessible
- Communicate and promote our vacancies in methods accessible for all
- Offer interviews to any disabled person who meets the essential criteria for the role
- Anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments for staff and candidates, as required
- Support any existing employees who acquire a disability or long-term health condition
Please ensure that you complete the disability section of the application form so that we can treat your application appropriately.
Please ensure that you include a response to each of the areas covered on the standard application form. If you’re unable to complete the application form, we can accept your application in an alternative format. If you need help or equipment to apply or be interviewed, please contact the Recruiting Manager. We will make every effort to meet your particular requirements.