About the opportunity
We are looking for volunteers to become a champion of a specific site or area. Volunteers will walk our sites, parks and rights of ways carrying out small scale maintenance and reporting and recording issues found to the site staff.
Tasks and duties
This role could include a wide variety of activities and can be tailored to the site being walked.
- carrying out wildlife surveys such as butterfly or hedgerow surveys
- inspecting and waymarking rights of way routes
- small scale path clearance
- reporting and recording
- talking to members of the public
Existing volunteers and staff will give training on surveys and research.
Who we are looking for
- have basic natural history knowledge
- have DIY and maintenance skills
- be able to work on own and be self motivated
- have good written skills to record surveys and report results
Titchfield Haven Visitor Centre
Cliff Road, Hill Head
Rights of Way
There are countywide opportunities
Central Countryside sites
Crabwood depot, Sarum Road,
North Area Office, Basing House
Redbridge Lane, Old Basing
Manor Farm Ranger Depot, Pylands Lane