About the opportunity
Within our parks there are landscaped areas including shrubs and flowers beds that need looking after to ensure they flourish. This role will involve working in the parks to keep them looking well maintained.
Tasks and duties
Looking after the landscaped areas will involve typical gardening tasks throughout the year however much of the work associated with this role will take place during the spring and summer months.
Gardening tasks will include:
- Preparing the beds for planting
- Planting out bulbs and young shrubs
- Weeding and mulching the beds
- Watering and caring for plants
- Cutting any flowers/foliage for activities
- Looking after the gardening tools and equipment
No previous experience needed.
Basic gardening demonstrations and training will be provided by staff and other volunteers.
For long term volunteers training is available and can include First Aid, practical tool use and Leadership Skills.
Who we are looking for
- be interested in growing plants and caring for gardens
- enjoy working outdoors
- have a basic level of fitness
- have interpersonal skills
Manor Farm and Country Park Pylands Lane, Bursledon Nr Southampton SO31 1BH