About the opportunity
The main purpose of this role is to bring the heritage of Staunton Country Park to life in a fun and interactive way. A combination of guided heritage and wildlife tours around the Park will be used to enhance the visitor experience.
Tasks and duties
This is a varied role and could include many different activities such as:
- Lead visitor tours around the Park
- Provide information about the history and heritage of the Park
- Work to timings and content as per agreed content and length of tour type
- Be aware of the health and safety of everyone on the tour.
- Take a record of how many people take part and hand out feedback cards
Experience and training
It is desirable for volunteers to have some experience for this role although relevant experience could be gained by supporting other tour guides. The role could then be assumed when the volunteer has gained enough experience and confidence. For long term volunteers, training is available and can include First Aid and Leadership Skills.
When: As agreed on an ad hoc basis.
Who we are looking for
- Good communication skills are important along with an ability to interact with individuals or groups of people
- Volunteers will also need to manage small and large groups of people
- Ability to work in a team with Park staff and volunteers and on your own
Staunton Country Park Staunton Country Park Havant PO9 5HB