About the opportunity
Our service requires us to give regular support to community panels. These panels are designed to support victims and young people in repairing the harm caused by offending behaviour and re integrating them into the community; with a reduction in offending and re offending being a priority.
Hampshire Youth Offending Team works with young people between 10-18 years of age and our main purpose is to reduce offending and re offending and to protect the public. We are part of a multi agency team that works with young people and victims to reduce harm and reintegrate back into the community. Our volunteers form a key part in this process by running community based panels around the county that are restorative and supportive of the individuals needs.
Tasks and duties
The volunteers will work as part of a panel, and will attend initial, review and final panel meetings throughout the order.
The volunteers will discuss and agree interventions with the young person and professionals.
The volunteers will participate in both pre and post panel discussions.
Meetings take place all over Hampshire, in various locations including Libraries, Community Centres, Parish Centres. Our team areas are based in:
- NE – Farnborough
- NW – Basingstoke
- SE – Fareham
- SW – Eastleigh
The training will consist of 6.5 days throughout the year
- 3 days - Restorative Justice Training
- 1.5 days - Panel training
- 2 days - HCC Core Volunteer and Safeguarding Training
All travel expenses and public transport costs will be reimbursed on submission of a HCC claim form with valid receipts.
The post is subject to an informal interview and an enhanced DBS check.
We ask for at least 1 years commitment to HYOT. There is no minimum requirement per week but the commitment needs to be regular.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking volunteers who:
- Are over 21 years old
- Are interested in Social Work, Criminology, The Youth Justice System, working with harmed people
- People who are able to drive
- Are organised and able to use initiative
- Flexible and responsive to change
- Are reliable, punctual and hardworking
- Have an approachable and friendly manner
How to apply
Contact the Referral Order and Volunteer Coordinator for more information email email@example.com
- Driving licence
- Volunteers must hold ‘business use’ insurance, and provide evidence of this and their MOT certificate to the Volunteer Coordinator
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check required