About the opportunity
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated volunteers with an interest in local history and people’s memories of the local area. If you are looking for an opportunity to engage with a wide range of people, then this could be the role for you.
Tasks and duties
- Researching archives and transcripts, recording and editing digital interviews
- Writing summaries and transcribing interviews
- Help with administrative tasks
- Assist in selecting content from recordings for exhibitions and website
- Scanning documents and photographs
- Arrange interviews or take part in public drop-in sessions
- Marketing and publicity through social media, websites and your networks
- Promoting the project and how people can get involved
Experience and training
No formal qualifications are required but you will need to be confident talking to a wide range of people. Experience of conducting interviews would be useful, as would experience of using sound recording equipment. However formal training will be provided.
When: As agreed on an ad hoc basis.
Who we are looking for
Desirable skills and knowledge
- You will need to be patient, friendly and reliable
- Encourage participation and be motivating
- Recording interviews
- Experience of using Microsoft Word and email
- Marketing and promotions
- Administration (ability to write clearly and concisely)
- Able to work as part of a team and relate to all visitors