Volunteers can make a real difference. People volunteer for a range of reasons, and each volunteering opportunity provides its own experience.
Volunteering can help you to:
- develop new skills and experience
- enhance your CV
- meet new people
- make a difference to other people’s lives
- keep services running in your community
As a volunteer you will be given full training and gain experience which could help you obtain new skills, keep active, change careers or enhance your C.V.
What you can expect from us
- We value the positive contribution made by volunteers to life in Hampshire and will encourage more people to volunteer in their local community
- We have a strong history of working with local volunteers who add significant value to council services and will work to develop and strengthen these links and opportunities
- We recognise that volunteering can help a person’s physical and mental well-being, provide opportunities to meet other people and gain additional skills, experience and work opportunities
- We are committed to promoting diversity and to offering volunteer placements for people of all ages, interests and abilities
- We will seek to remove any barriers which may prevent people from volunteering, to ensure that as many people as possible who wish to volunteer are able to do so.