Definitive Map Modification Orders (DMMOs)

You can apply to amend the definitive map if you have evidence to show that it should be changed

We also refer to applications as ‘claims’. A claim can be made to add new public rights of way, or to upgrade, downgrade or delete existing routes.

How to apply to change the map

There is a special procedure for making applications and we can guide you through the process.

You must support your application or ‘claim’ with evidence:

Register of Applications

The Register of Applications shows current and resolved claims. The register also shows where a claim is in the list of those awaiting investigation.

We deal with applications in date order.

Some applications may be taken out of turn or moved to a priority list - see our DMMO policy guidelines for more information