Landowner deposits

Anyone can apply to add a public right of way to the definitive map or to register land as a town or village green. It is possible to protect your land against these applications by depositing form CA16 with Hampshire County Council.

Further information on form CA16 on GOV.UK

Rights of way

Deposit a statement and plan, under section 31(6) of the Highways Act 1980, to protect your land from applications based on evidence of public use. This does not offer protection from a claim based on historic documentary evidence. This process allows you to acknowledge existing public rights of way. A declaration can then be lodged to confirm no additional ways have been dedicated over the land. Any public use of the land during this period will not count towards the establishment of a new public right of way.

Town or village green

Deposit a landowner statement under section 15A(1) of the Commons Act 2006. This will protect you from a claim based upon a full period of twenty years’ recreational use.

Online register

All landowner deposits we receive are added to our online register.

You must include an Ordnance Survey map with your application unless it refers to a map previously deposited with the County Council.

Your map must be at a scale not less than 1:10,560 and must show the boundary of the relevant land in coloured edging. If your application relates to multiple parcels of land, all parcels should be identified by coloured edging.

Current charge: £685