Fleet School Minibus Insurance and Breakdown

Fleet School Minibus Insurance Cover

Comprehensive vehicle insurance cover available to schools at competitive prices. The policy offers fully comprehensive cover and allows schools to either loan or hire their minibus out to non-profit making organisations.

Fleet School Minibus Breakdown Cover

Comprehensive vehicle breakdown cover available to schools at competitive prices. The policy includes roadside assistance, at home, recovery and one day onward travel.

For more information or to sign up to one or both of the fleet school minibus policies, please contact the Community Transport and Contracts Team via email - [email protected]

Section 19 Permits

Most not for profit organisations that operate a minibus, including schools, require a Section 19 Standard Permits to operate their minibus legally.

A Section 19 Permit entitles you to operate a vehicle constructed or adapted to carry between 9 and 16 passengers (excluding the driver). These permits may be granted to organisations that operate vehicles without a view to profit to transport their members, or people whom the organisation exists to help.

LEA schools, academies, HCC departments (including day centres), some not-for-profit voluntary organisations and Community Transport schemes all based in Hampshire can apply for a Section 19 permit online from Hampshire County Council. Please ensure any lost/ faded permit numbers are included within the form and requested for cancellation.