Procurement for home to school and social care transportThe County Council’s electronic tendering system is In-tend. It lets you:
- view current/future tenders, contracts and quotations
- view information on contracts that have already been awarded
- express interest in a particular tender or quotation
- receive tender and/or quotation documentation
- securely return your tender or quotation documents
- send/receive correspondence
- Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS)
The DPS is a pre-approval process that transport providers must pass before being accepted as potential providers for home to school transport. Providers must complete an online questionnaire (Indicative Tender). Providers who meet the required quality standard move onto a list of approved suppliers who are invited to tender for routes when they are opened to tender.
Individual routes are tendered via mini competitions, quick quotes and electronic auctions. The system lets new entrants join at any time.
There are two transport Dynamic Purchasing Systems which are used to procure home to school and social care transport: for vehicles of 16 seats and fewer and vehicles with 17 seats and over.
- To join the Dynamic Purchasing System for 16 seats and fewer, please register on In-tend and search for project code ET08659
- To join the Dynamic Purchasing System for 17 seats and over, please register on In-tend and search for project code ET06442
- There is a third Dynamic Purchasing System which is used to procure local bus services. To join, please register on In-tend and search for project code ET07407
- Documents and forms
Suppliers for taxi services (16 seats maximum)
Suppliers of vehicles (17 seats and over)
Suppliers for public bus services
- Contact us
For more information on providing transport services phone the Passenger Transport Group on 01962 845184.