Election guidance, costs and maps
The pre-election period is the period between the publication of the notice of election and the date of the election itself. During this period extra care needs to be taken about local authority publicity.
- Guidance notes
- Guidance relating to the EU referendum
- Guidance for whole elections
- Guidance for by-elections
- Guidance relating to Parliamentary elections and elections to other councils
- A short guide to publicity during the pre-election period (The County Council takes the pre-election period for the General Election to run from the publication of the Notice of Election)
The costs, charges and expenses of people conducting and assisting with an election are reviewed annually.
Following a review by the Local Government Boundary Commission for England, new County Council Divisions come into effect at the County Elections on 4 May 2017. To view and identify the new electoral Divisions, please use our interactive map.
Maps and boundaries can be accessed on-line to find out the electoral geography of the UK.