Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) booking system

Hampshire County Council collects information about you in order to provide a booking service for Hampshire HWRC’s (Household Waste Recycling Centre’s). This system is in place to manage customer demand and facilitate continuation of a controlled and safe HWRC operation.

We will use the information to:

  • Identify you
  • Process and confirm your booking
  • Contact you regarding your booking should it need to be amended or cancelled
  • Book you in on arrival at the recycling centre
  • Notify you if there is an issue with the HWRC network that will impact upon your booking
  • Ensure abuse of the system is not taking place, and that online booking rules are adhered to.

The legal basis for our use of this information is public task: where it is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest in the exercise of official authority vested in the County Council.

We may share your personal information with Veolia UK Ltd as the operator of the HWRC sites. We also may share your information with Southampton City Council & Portsmouth City Council as the service provider of Southampton HWRC & Portsmouth HWRC.

We may share your information with third party processors in order to provide a service to you. These are: BookingLab Ltd, Twilio Inc and SendGrid Inc.

Data may be transferred outside the EEA/EU and / or UK specifically to the USA, the safeguard in place to protect data transferred to the USA is Standard Contractual Clauses.

We will keep your personal information for 30 days after the booking date. This includes your Name, Email address, vehicle registration, vehicle make, vehicle colour.

You have some legal rights in respect of the personal information we collect from you. See our Data Protection page for further details.

You can contact the County Council’s Data Protection Officer at

If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office