Making a request under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

How a person can make requests regarding the information that the County Council holds on them

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives individuals (“data subjects”) greater control over how their information is processed by organisations.

Making a subject access request

If you want to see the personal information that has been collected and held about you by Hampshire County Council you should download the appropriate form below (for Children's Services, Adult Social Care or other departments). Complete the form and return it, along with proof of identity.

Guidance on making a subject access request (from the Information Commissioner's Office)

Information held by Children’s Services

Download the Childrens Services subject access request form

Please return your form to: 

Childrens Services Subject Access Request Team
2nd Floor North
E11 Court
Winchester, SO23 8UG

Email [email protected]

Phone 03707 798138

Information held by Adult Social Care

Download the Adult Social Care subject access request form

Please return your form to: 
Adult Social Care Subject Access Request Team
3rd Floor West
E11 Court
Winchester SO23 8UQ

Email [email protected]

Phone 0300 555  1386

Information held by other departments of the County Council

Download the application for access to personal information

Please return your form to:
The Information Compliance Team
Hampshire County Council
The Castle
Winchester SO23 8UJ

If you experience any issues then please contact the Information Compliance Team on 03707 790002.

Closed Circuit TV

Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have the right to request any recordings from CCTV owned by Hampshire County Council of you. If you want to see a recording then please download, print, and complete the CCTV subject access request form. Send the completed form with appropriate payment and documentation to the Information Compliance Team at the address above.

Please note no images are recorded from the County Council’s CCTV traffic surveillance cameras.

How your information is processed by organisations

You may:

  • Ask us to stop using your information for the purposes of direct marketing
  • Object to decisions being made about you in some circumstances where decisions have been made about you based on profiling. You will be told at the point of collection if your personal information will be used for this purpose and how it will be used
  • Ask us to rectify inaccurate information we hold about you
  • Ask us to restrict our use of your personal information
  • Ask us to erase your personal data
  • Ask us to provide your personal data to an alternative data controller

If you would like to exercise any of the rights above, please complete this Data Subject's Rights request form.

If you choose to exercise these rights, this might in some cases delay or prevent us delivering a service to you. These rights are not absolute and in some situations we will not be able to comply with your request. When we use your personal information on the basis of your consent you will also have the right to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information at any time. In some circumstances, this may mean that you will no longer able to receive the service for which the personal information was collected. To do this, please contact the service directly.