Making a request under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
How a person can make requests regarding the information that the County Council holds on them
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives individuals (“data subjects”) greater control over how their information is processed by organisations.
- Making a subject access request
If you want to see the personal information that has been collected and held about you by Hampshire County Council you should download the appropriate form below (for Children's Services, Adult Social Care or other departments). Complete the form and return it, along with proof of identity.
Guidance on making a subject access request (from the Information Commissioner's Office)
Please note that there are times when information cannot be released to you. This is because the General Data Protection Regulation has exemptions in it that need to be applied, where we are not permitted to release your information.
- Information held by Children’s Services
- Information held by Adult Social Care
- Information held by other departments of the County Council
Download the application for access to personal information
Please return your form to:
The Information Compliance Team
Hampshire County Council
Winchester SO23 8UJ
If you experience any issues then please contact the Information Compliance Team on 03707 790002.
- Closed Circuit TV
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have the right to request any recordings from CCTV owned by Hampshire County Council of you. If you want to see a recording then please download, print, and complete the CCTV subject access request form. Send the completed form with appropriate payment and documentation to the Information Compliance Team at the address above.
Please note no images are recorded from the County Council’s CCTV traffic surveillance cameras.
- How your information is processed by organisations
- Ask us to stop using your information for the purposes of direct marketing
- Object to decisions being made about you in some circumstances where decisions have been made about you based on profiling. You will be told at the point of collection if your personal information will be used for this purpose and how it will be used
- Ask us to rectify inaccurate information we hold about you
- Ask us to restrict our use of your personal information
- Ask us to erase your personal data
- Ask us to provide your personal data to an alternative data controller
If you would like to exercise any of the rights above, please complete this Data Subject's Rights request form.
If you choose to exercise these rights, this might in some cases delay or prevent us delivering a service to you. These rights are not absolute and in some situations we will not be able to comply with your request. When we use your personal information on the basis of your consent you will also have the right to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information at any time. In some circumstances, this may mean that you will no longer able to receive the service for which the personal information was collected. To do this, please contact the service directly.