Alerts of possible emergenciesSigning up for alerts can give you advance warning of a possible incident in your area.
FloodingIf your home or business is at risk of flooding you may be able to sign up for flood warnings.
Extreme weatherThe Met Office issues weather warnings if it forecasts extreme weather. Download the Met Office weather app to receive the warnings direct to your device.
Utility companies can offer extra help to people who may more at risk during a loss of electricity, gas or water. This is called the Priority Service Register. For example they could help a person who relies on electrical medical equipment. You can ask your energy network to:
- warn you about supply interruptions
- compensate you if your supply is interrupted
- give you cooking appliances or hot meals during a power cut
Citizen's Advice have more information on the Priority Service Register.
During an emergencyGo in, stay in and tune in During a major incident, always follow the instructions of the emergency services. Tune into your local radio or TV station. Listen to the advice given. You might get a visit from the emergency services or a van could drive by giving information through a loud hailer.
NewsCheck the BBC or ITV channels for local news or tune into local radio stations:
- Hampshire County Council @hantsconnect
- Hampshire Constabulary @HantsPolice
- Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service @Hants_fire
- South Central Ambulance Service @SCAS999