Applying from overseas

Overseas nationals entering the UK who wish to apply for a state-funded school, must check that they have a right of abode or the conditions of their visa otherwise permit them to access a state-funded school before making their application.

It is the responsibility of parents to check that they and their children have a right of abode in the UK or their children have a right, under their visa entry conditions, to study at a state-funded school.

If your child is entitled to access a state funded school, you will need to provide evidence of your move to the area, with your application.  Please see our Address Information section to find out what evidence is required.

If you are unable to provide evidence of your new address, your application will be considered based on your current overseas address.