How to apply for school transport
Application forms for transport to school
- School transport for children with special educational needs
- Transport for children with a statement of special educational needs (SEN) or an education, health and care plan (EHCP) is arranged by the Childrens' Services SEN Team.
- Post 16 students with special educational needs
- Application for Transport Assistance for Post 16 SEN students to College: complete and return the application form
- Terms and Conditions for Travel Assistance to College or Sixth Form: guidance notes
At the same time, please also complete and return the medical evidence questionnaire
When your application has been approved we will write to you with details of how you can pay your contribution (if applicable).
You can pay for transport the following ways:
- one full year payment of £570
- ten instalments of £57
- three termly payments of £190
Please do not send any money at the point of application - you will be contacted with details of how to pay if your application is successful.
- Mainstream infant, junior, and primary schools
If your child receives free travel assistance and is staying at the same school in September you do not need to apply. A new pass will be issued before the start of the new term.
- Mainstream secondary schools
If your child receives free travel assistance and is staying at the same school in September you do not need to apply. A new pass will be sent to you before the start of the new term.
- Children moving from year 6 to year 7 in September
Complete the online application form
We will notify parents during the summer holidays to let you know if your child is entitled to transport.
- Privilege transport
- Where to send your forms
Where an online option is not available, please post completed forms to:
Home to School Transport Team
The Passenger Transport Group
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council