Could you be part of our journey and make a difference?
Share family life, new activities and joint interests
Become a friend that I will keep in my heart forever and always
To be able to enrich and enhance a life is an amazing feeling
- Are you someone who would like to make a difference to a person’s life?
- Do you have a spare room?
- How about working from the comfort of your home?
- Would you like to access excellent training and support?
- Can you drive? Have access to your own vehicle?
In Shared Lives, the aim is an ordinary family life, where everyone can contribute within real relationships. Shared Lives Carers help people to develop or maintain independent living skills, friendships and inclusion in their community.
Individuals supported in Shared Lives arrangements may have Learning or Physical disabilities, they may be older people unable to live independently or people with other problems.
Needs, likes, dislikes and interests are identified so that Shared Lives carers can be carefully matched.
Who are Shared Lives Carers?
Every Shared Lives Carer brings their own unique skills and experience. What all carers share in common is a desire to support people, and a spare room in their home (your own home or rented). Shared lives Carer’s come from all walks of life and are carefully matched for compatibility with those they support. They can be couples or singles, with or without children. It is the Carer’s dedication and passion about the support they provide which makes Shared Lives such a powerful and effective form of support.
Carer’s can work flexibly around their own commitments and can provide:
- Shorts breaks – such as a weekend or when a family carer needs a break.
- Long term – having an individual living with them on a long term basis.
Hampshire Shared Lives Scheme will provide you with the training required. This includes an induction and training that will give you a recognised qualification in caring.
You will also receive ongoing support and training to enable you to enhance a person’s life and meet individual needs.
Support and costs
Carers are self employed but are paid a placement fee on a needs led basis for each person.
Help provided for carers:
- day to day support from your local Shared Lives staff
- contact with other Shared Lives carers
- we will offer placements that suit your requirements.