Request a data search
HBIC offers an interpreted and enhanced biodiversity information service
It ensures quality control of HBIC data and provides the most relevant and recent records. Explanatory notes and links to supporting documentation are provided with the data.
There is a licence charge for the re-use of the data. It may be waived for charities, voluntary groups, students and members of the public where there is no commercial interest.
HBIC now provide a pre-paid on-line service for all standard data requests. See our updated Access Policy and Charging Schedule.
The CIEEM guidance on accessing and using biodiversity data is aimed at those using biodiversity data to support the development planning process.
- Information HBIC provide
HBIC can only provide information covering Hampshire. For outside Hampshire, use the ALERC website to find the records centre in your area of interest.
- Example of a data request
- See sample outputs for a standard data request so you know what to expect.
- Search area
A request can be made for any area specified either as:
- a radius from a defined point supplied as a six figure national grid or point marked on a map
- a corridor of a specified width either side of a defined line
- a specific site which is well defined on a map or GIS shapefile
You can attach up to 10 files to the online form.
- Charges and response times
- Privacy Notice
Privacy Notice for Data Searches
- Hampshire County Council collects information about you for in order to provide you with biodiversity information
- We will use the information to inform you of future changes to charges and services, to allow us to analyse patterns of use and trends of service use, for service and financial planning and to process financial transactions
- The legal basis for our use of this information is where it is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest in the exercise of official authority vested in the County Council
- We may share your personal information with colleagues in our business support team for the purpose of raising invoices
- We will keep your personal information for a period of seven years
- You have some legal rights in respect of the personal information we collect from you. Please see our Data Protection web page for further details
- You can contact the County Council's Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Complete the online form
Contact HBIC if you need help or want to discuss any aspect of your data request.