Request a data search
HBIC offers an interpreted and enhanced biodiversity information service
It ensures quality control of its data and provides the most relevant and recent records. Explanatory notes and links to supporting documentation are provided with the data.
A licence charge will apply for the re-use of the data. It may be waived for charities, voluntary groups, students and members of the public where there is no commercial interest.
The CIEEM guidance on accessing and using biodiversity data is aimed at those using biodiversity data to support the development planning process.
- Information HBIC provide
HBIC can only provide information covering Hampshire. Check who holds environmental records in your area.
- Example of a data request
See an example of a data request so you know what to ask for.
- Search area
A request can be made for any area specified either as:
- a radius from a defined point supplied as a six figure national grid or point marked on a map
- a corridor of a specified width either side of a defined line
- a specific site/area which is well defined on a map or GIS shapefile
One document may be attached to the online form. If you have more than one file please email them to email@example.com
- Charges and response times
- Complete the online form
Contact HBIC if you need help or want to discuss any aspect of your data request.