HBIC small grants scheme
HBIC maintains a small fund to support local volunteer recorders. The aim of the fund is to increase the amount of data available to the wider HBIC partnership.
Bids can be made by groups and individuals to support recording activities, improve data management and improve data accessibility.
- Digitising paper records - priority given to recent data and under-represented taxa
- Acquiring data management tools, including upgrading software
- Publication of atlases and checklists
- Field survey equipment including ID guides for use by the group
- Promotional activities to encourage greater recording or increase capacity
Only one bid is allowed per species recording group or individual per year.
Only recording groups or societies will be allowed to bid for capital items such as books or field equipment.
Bids will be assessed at the next January meeting of the HBIC Steering Group as to their value for money and effectiveness towards increasing the amount of data available.
Your bid should consist of a brief summary of how the funding would be spent.
Download the grant scheme form. Complete and email to email@example.com.