If it’s a flooding emergency you should focus on the safety of yourself and your family
For further information please see our flood prevention guidance.
- Who to report a flooding issue to
- When the Lead Local Flood Authority investigates flooding
Our flood investigations guidance sets out when and how we will investigate flooding. We will investigate ‘significant’ flooding in accordance with the requirements of Section 19 of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010, these investigation will be published on our website.
Significant flooding is defined as:
- flooding that affects 20 or more properties internally in one flood event within the same location
- flooding that affects significant lengths of highways affecting 20 or more properties and lasts for a period of 3 hours from the onset of flooding.
- Previous published flood investigations
Romsey flood investigation 2014
Phase One documents
Phase Two documents
Buckskin flood investigation 2014
- Executive summary
- Full report 1a (includes appendices, but maps missing in appendices A, D, E, and F)
- Complete appendices to full report August 2014
Further work is being undertaken on a potential flood mitigation scheme for the Buckskin area - further information.
Thornford Road Ford flood investigation 2012