Report flooding

If it’s a flooding emergency you should focus on the safety of yourself and your family

Dial 999 if it is an emergency and you or someone else is in danger

Learn more about the different types of flooding and who is responsible for managing the risk.

For further information please see our flood prevention guidance.

Who to report a flooding issue to
floodingflow No No No Yes Yes Yes Yes Is water coming from a public sewer or a water supply site? Is water coming from a main river or the sea? Is water coming from the highway (e.g. a highway drain)? Is water coming from land or a ditch next to your property? Report to the relevant body Report to the Environment Agency Or, report the problem to Hampshire County Council, choosing option ‘private land, property boundary ditch or roadside ditch’ You might be responsible as a riparian owner, our guidance contains more details. Report to Hampshire County Council, choosing option ‘Road, pavement, cycle path, drain’ Southern Water Thames Water Wessex Water Other water companies
When the Lead Local Flood Authority investigates flooding

Our flood investigations guidance sets out when and how we will investigate flooding. We will investigate ‘significant’ flooding in accordance with the requirements of Section 19 of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010, these investigation will be published on our website.

Significant flooding is defined as:

  • flooding that affects 20 or more properties internally in one flood event within the same location
  • flooding that affects significant lengths of highways affecting 20 or more properties and lasts for a period of 3 hours from the onset of flooding.

Report a flood

Track a report of flooding

Previous published flood investigations

Fleet Flood investigation 2015 

Romsey flood investigation 2014

Buckskin flood investigation 2014

Further work is being undertaken on a potential flood mitigation scheme for the Buckskin area - further information.


Thornford Road Ford flood investigation 2012