Request Historic Environment Record (HER) search
We can provide data in digital format or as a hard copy
- Information we provide
In a full data search we can supply the following information:
- a pdf report
- GIS maps locating sites highlighted in the report
- GIS shapefiles and supporting data. This excludes data from Historic England such as scheduled monuments, registered parks and gardens and registered battlefields. Download these from the Historic England website
- access to excavation reports, surveys, articles, images and aerial photographs
Access to data from the HER is free at point of use. However, Hampshire County Council reserves the right to charge a license fee for re-use of data. This fee contributes towards the cost of collecting and supplying the data in line with the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2005.
- £160 + VAT
If no data exists within the search area the fee will be waived.
The HER may waive charges to the following, except when additional costs are incurred:
- members of the public for non-profit making study and local interest projects
- students and academics undertaking non-profit making study and research
- voluntary non-profit making organisations, community groups, charities and parish councils
- local authorities where set out in service level agreements
The charge may also be waived to projects that are of direct benefit to the work of the HER. Before making a data request please read the following guidance notes:HER charging schedule
- Request a full HER search
Please email the Hampshire Historic Environment team.