Adoption and fostering

Do you have… a spare room? childcare experience? commitment?

Homes for Hampshire Children

Adoption and Fostercare

Could you provide a home for Hampshire children who are unable to live with their birth families?
Hampshire County Council are looking for people who live in the county or surrounding areas. We are particularly looking for homes for older children, teenagers, siblings and children with disabilities or special needs.

Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children (UASC)

UASC are children and young people who have either travelled alone or who have become separated from anyone with parental and/or care responsibility for them.  Children seek asylum because they have a genuine need for protection and are in search of safety.  As you may expect, these children and young people are often distressed and frightened as a result of the experiences they have been through. 

Increasing numbers of refugees are entering the UK with many of the young people coming from Syria, Eritrea, Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran.  Most are boys aged between 13 and 17.  In some cases the children will speak little or no English

Fostering an unaccompanied asylum seeking child is a way of helping in these times of crisis. 

Fostering young people who are seeking asylum can be challenging but is also hugely rewarding as carers start to see the children settle into their new life in the UK. 

Good foster carers can make a huge difference to the lives of many unaccompanied children and young people. 

We are looking for carers who have the resilience to manage the huge differences these children and young people are facing on a daily basis and with support help the child or young person to access education establish a routine  with their day-to-day living.

If you have a spare room, childcare experience and the time to support an unaccompanied asylum seeking child, contact the Recruitment Team on 0300 555 1384 for further information.