- Before you make a referral
Before referring a client or patient to the Adults' Health and Care department, consider whether you or the client may be able to find the information or services they need online.
The Connect to Support Hampshire website contains:
- information and advice about independent living, care and support
- a directory of local support organisations, local activities, national charities and helplines
- a directory of care homes
- a directory of home care agencies
For information on adult social care services provided by Hampshire County Council, see Adults' social care.
- Telephone referrals
Phone: 0300 555 1386
Telephone referrals should be made:
- if you have a safeguarding concern or want to report abuse
- If your request is urgent and support is needed within the next 24 hours
If you need to report a medical emergency (if someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk), you should phone emergency services on 999.
When making a referral, ensure that the individual concerned is aware that the referral is being made. Provide all relevant information to help us process the referral promptly, such as:
- full details of the person's current situation
- support available
- options you have already explored
- Online referrals
If your request is not urgent, please use our online form to make your referral, or to report a safeguarding incident.
You will be able to print the details of your report and will be issued with a reference number.