Contact Adults' Health and Care

Benefits and housing

Hampshire County Council does not deal with social security benefits or pensions. If you have enquiries relating to this, you should speak to your local Job Centre Plus which comes under the Department for Work and Pensions.

Hampshire County Council does not deal with housing applications. You should contact the housing department at your local district or borough council.

Health advice

Health advice is available on the NHS Choices website.

Public health

To contact Public Health email or phone 0300 555 1386.

To report an outbreak of an infectious disease

Contact the Local Health Protection Team, Public Health England to report or seek support on

  • infectious diseases
  • chemical and radiation hazards
  • major emergencies

For Hampshire residents, you should contact:

PHE Hampshire and Isle of Wight Health Protection Team (South East), 
Fareham Borough Council Civic Offices, Civic Way, 
Fareham, PO15 7AZ

Phone 0344 225 3861 (option 1 to 4 depending on area, then option 1) 
Out of hours for health professionals only phone 0844 9670082.

Environmental health issues

If you want to report:

  • suspected food poisoning or a hygiene issue with a food outlet
  • if you have an issue regarding your rented housing
  • problems with neighbours: nuisance (noise, smoke, light), overhanging trees and shrubs, rubbish
  • air quality (pollution)

contact your local district or borough council.

Contact your social worker

If you have a social worker with Hampshire County Council then you should try to make contact with the named individual.

You should be able to find the relevant telephone number on correspondence that Hampshire County Council Adult Services will have sent you.

If you still cannot trace a telephone number contact Adult Services on 0300 555 1386.

Contact names and numbers will not be given out over the phone. You will be put in contact with your social worker or your social worker will contact you.

Contact Adults' Health and Care

Complete our online enquiry form.

Phone 0300 555 1386
8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday
8.30am to 4.30pm Friday
Textphone 0300 555 1390

Out of hours 0300 555 1373 
5pm to 8.30am, Monday to Thursday
4.30pm Friday to 08.30am Monday
All day on Bank Holidays