Hampshire County Council’s strategy outlines how we want to deliver improved health and wellbeing outcomes for everyone in Hampshire, driven by individual choice and with less dependency on health and social care provision.
Services we provide
- Weight management
- NHS Health Checks
- Alcohol and drug misuse services
- Free and confidential services to improve the sexual health of adults and young people in Hampshire have been commissioned. These are provided by GPs, pharmacies and a specialist sexual health community based service and can be found on the Get it on website.
- Domestic abuse support
Support for children, young people and their families
- Health Visitors
- Family Nurse Partnership
- Public Health School Nurses
- Children in Year R and Year 6 in Hampshire are measured and weighed as part of the National Child Measurement Programme (NCMP). This is delivered in Hampshire by the Public Health School Nursing service.
Strategies and policies
- Towards a healthier Hampshire: a strategy for improving the public’s health 2016-2021
- Suicide Prevention Strategy
- Domestic Abuse Strategy
- Hampshire Healthy Weight Strategy 2015-2019
- Hampshire Substance Misuse Strategy 2014-2017
- Hampshire Tobacco Control Strategy 2014-2018 (revised March 2016)
- Public Health Privacy Notice
- Public Health and Planning in Hampshire Position Statement
To contact Public Health email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0300 555 1386.
Environmental health issues
If you want to report:
- suspected food poisoning or a hygiene issue with a food outlet
- if you have an issue regarding your rented housing
- problems with neighbours: nuisance (noise, smoke, light), overhanging trees and shrubs, rubbish
- air quality (pollution)
contact your local district or borough council.
To report an outbreak of an infectious disease
Contact the Local Health Protection Team, Public Health England to report or seek support on
- infectious diseases
- chemical and radiation hazards
- major emergencies
For Hampshire residents, you should contact:
PHE Hampshire and Isle of Wight Health Protection Team (South East),
Fareham Borough Council Civic Offices, Civic Way,
Fareham, PO15 7AZ
Phone 0344 225 3861 (option 1 to 4 depending on area, then option 1)
Out of hours for health professionals only phone 0844 9670082.