There are benefits for everyone if we stay fit and healthy. Healthy people generally have a better quality of life, more independence, are able to make their own choices, and take an active part in their community.
Hampshire County Council’s strategy outlines how we want to deliver improved health and wellbeing outcomes for everyone in Hampshire, driven by individual choice and with less dependency on health and social care provision.
Services we provide or commission
- Domestic abuse support
- Weight management
- NHS Health Checks
- Alcohol and drug misuse services
- Free and confidential services to improve the sexual health of adults and young people in Hampshire have been commissioned. These are provided by GPs, pharmacies and a specialist sexual health community based service. See the Get it on website.
- Falls Prevention services
Support for children, young people and their families
- Health Visitors
- Family Nurse Partnership
- Public Health School Nurses
- Children in Year R and Year 6 in Hampshire are measured and weighed as part of the National Child Measurement Programme (NCMP). This is delivered in Hampshire by the Public Health School Nursing service.
Strategies, policies, and partnerships
- First 1001 Days Review 2023
- Hampshire Strategic Drug and Alcohol Partnership
- Public Health Strategy 2023-2026
- Hampshire Mental Wellbeing Strategy 2023-2028
- Hampshire Healthy Weight Strategy 2022-2026
- Domestic Abuse Safe Accommodation Strategy 2021-2023
- Falls Prevention Strategy
- Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health Strategy for Children and Young People in Hampshire 2019-2024
- Hampshire Substance Misuse Strategy 2018-2023
- Suicide Prevention Strategy
- Domestic Abuse Strategy
- Public Health Privacy Notice
- Public Health and Planning in Hampshire Position Statement
- SBS Hampshire: supporting men in our communities
- Suicide Prevention and Postvention Protocol for Hampshire Schools and Colleges
- Hampshire Physical Activity Strategy 2018-21
- Public Health commissioning contracts
- Hampshire Tobacco Control Strategy 2018-2021
- Public Health Lifestyles Framework
To contact Public Health email [email protected].
The Local Authority Public Health Team do not provide health protection advice or deal with infectious disease outbreaks.
If you want to report or seek support on:
- infectious diseases
- chemical and radiation hazards
- major emergencies
contact the UK Health Security Agency, Health Protection Team by:
- email [email protected]
- phone 0344 225 3861 (option 1 to 4 depending on area, then option 1)
- out of hours (for health professionals only) phone 0844 967 0082
For areas outside Hampshire, contact your local health protection team.
If you want to report an environmental health issue:
- suspected food poisoning or a hygiene issue with a food outlet
- if you have an issue regarding your rented housing
- problems with neighbours: nuisance noise (noise, smoke, light), overhanging trees and shrubs, rubbish
- air quality (pollution)