Concerns with your child's early development

As a parent you know your child best and will be aware of how he or she is growing and developing. You may become concerned about your child’s development and, when this is the case, it is helpful to know who you can go to for support.

This support may be referred to as special educational needs and disability (SEND) or additional needs.

Where you can get help


Services for Young Children (SFYC) Inclusion team

If you or your childcare provider continue to have concerns or need additional help, contact Services for Young Children Inclusion team. They will help to identify your child’s needs and refer you to the most suitable service.

The SfYC Inclusion team consists of the following services.

Child with a dandelion clock

If your child attends a childminder, out of school club, or an early years service such as a nursery or pre-school, you may wish to discuss your concerns with them.

Childcare and early years education services in Hampshire

Contact the Children’s Therapy Services advice line on 0300 300 2019 for any areas of your child's development - speech and language therapy, occupational therapy and physiotherapy.

Stay connected - subscribe to our newslettersgo