Gateway Card

The Gateway Card is free and gives you access to activities, play schemes and buddy schemes through the short breaks programme

You need a Gateway Card to use any activities funded by our short breaks programme. You will have to show your Gateway Card when booking and attending activities.

This information is also available in the Gateway Card leaflet

More about short break activities

Who can get a Gateway Card

The Gateway Card is for children and young people who:

  • have a disability or additional needs
  • need support to take part in leisure activities
  • are between 0 and 19 years old
  • live in Hampshire or attend a school in Hampshire (excluding Portsmouth, Southampton and the Isle of Wight)
Benefits for families
  • It gives you access to range of short break activities
  • You can use it to book community buddies through the buddy scheme
  • It tells activity providers that your child has a disability or additional needs and may need extra support
  • It helps activity providers apply for funding to support your child, such as training, resources and extra staff
  • The information you provide helps us to make sure short breaks are spread fairly across Hampshire
  • It helps us to work with activity providers to provide you with further benefits, like free places for carers and attendance at autism friendly cinema screenings
When you register, we will keep your details. This means you won't need to fill out funding forms at each activity your child attend
Cost of activity

You will still be required to pay the standard cost for your child to attend the activity. The Gateway Card will help activity providers apply for funding to cover any additional costs that are required for your child to participate fully.

Register for a Gateway Card

Please note that by applying now,  you may be required to reapply for a Gateway Card in short succession. This is due to the system being improved and updated ready for 1 April 2019.

Register online or fill in the form on the Gateway Card leaflet and return it to: 

Hampshire County Council
FAO Short Breaks for Disabled Children's Team 
Children's Services Department 
SO23 8ZZ

Lost or missing cards

If you have lost or misplaced your Gateway Card, contact the Short Breaks Team. They will give you a replacement card. Don't apply for a new card.

Phone 01962 846399